Welcome to The Tangled Branch!  Join us.

Let It Be Spoken

Tom

Let It Be Spoken

Post by Tom » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:17 pm

Let It Be Spoken

Post to this thread audio readings of your own poems!  

Let us hear what you sound like!! We’re dying to hear you, and you know you want to.

MP3, links to SoundCloud, youtube, or whatever other platform – embed it, link it, whatever – this is an audio thread, but it would be cool if you post the text along with the link.  

Lets make it work!  So dust off your reading voice, chappies!  Let the word go forth. :)

Lecram06

Re: Let It Be Spoken

Post by Lecram06 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:13 am

Tom wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:17 pm
Let It Be Spoken

Post to this thread audio readings of your own poems!  

Let us hear what you sound like!! We’re dying to hear you, and you know you want to.

MP3, links to SoundCloud, youtube, or whatever other platform – embed it, link it, whatever – this is an audio thread, but it would be cool if you post the text along with the link.  

Lets make it work!  So dust off your reading voice, chappies!  Let the word go forth. :)

Do you ever sleep? One more challenge to earthquake my hermitage. Lecram

Gyppo

Post by Gyppo » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:18 pm

I shall have a go at this once I get my new microphone dialled in.  It's not exactly plug and play.  I used to have really cheap one from the pound shop which worked surprisingly well, but it seems to have vanished during my move.

Plus the recording software - Audacity - also seems to have become insanely complicated.  I had an older version before which was much more simple to use.  Too many options now which make it look a bit terrifying.  Like stepping into the cockpit of Concorde after riding a motorbike with only a speedo and an ammeter.  

I'll get it sussed,  but possibly not today.

Gyppo
I've been writing ever since I realised I could.  Storytelling since I started talking.  Poetry however comes and goes  ;-)

Gyppo

Post by Gyppo » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:59 pm

Okay.  I have an mp3 file.  How to I arrange it so you poor good folks can hear it?  I've occasionally added then to emails in the past, but my memory's a bit shaky even on that.  How do I get them here?
I've been writing ever since I realised I could.  Storytelling since I started talking.  Poetry however comes and goes  ;-)

Tom

Post by Tom » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:46 am

Gyp -- If you have the link, just post it.  there is an icon, above right, that looks like two links of chain - you can use that.

Can't wait to hear your voice.

LeCram -- not sure what to say.  :D :D

T

Tracy Mitchell

Post by Tracy Mitchell » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:04 am

The audio is really bad -- probably a good thing.   :)

I am A Freelance Hostage, Noting the Passing of Nelson Mandela, and Lines

Gyppo

Post by Gyppo » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:00 pm

Years ago I was entranced with Jenny Joseph's poem 'When I am an old lady I shall wear purple, with a red hat which doesn't match...'

I was coming up for retirement age when I wrote this.

Like my body there's a few crackles and pops.  This was recorded on the £1 microphone a few years ago.  Still not really got to grips with my new one.

I hope you folks appreciate I had to go and open a sound cloud account to do this.  Scary stuff for a voluntary Luddite.

Gyppo

https://soundcloud.com/user-593821894/w ... an/s-9eW0S
Last edited by Gyppo on Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tracy Mitchell

Post by Tracy Mitchell » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:10 pm

Awesome, Gyppo. 

I never anticipated that voice for you -- it is very becoming for reading -- excellent poem, too.  

Cheers.

ajduclos

Post by ajduclos » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:48 am

Tracy, Gyppo !!!  Great stuff, wonderful writing, and it comes to life in the reading.  Thanks for sharing.

And Gyppo, I am a confirmed Luddite - I only venture forth when I must... sound familiar?

Since this my very busy time (or maybe just because I'm lazy), I'm taking a different approach.  You are getting a pre-recorded song rather than a read poem.    

I wrote this at the end of this year's Poetry Month challenge.  It is both to honor all the amazing NaPo participants and to touch upon the many happenings and awakenings in my month of April. 

Enjoy.

Aj

https://darksunltd.com/aime/returns/Tow ... Test_2.mp3

and hear are the lyrics:

NaPo 2019 – The Tangled Branch – Towers of Dreams  

Flowers and gardens
manicure green
sun warmed hopes
Towers of Dreams 

Sun and Moon
Polar delights
bright and warm
hushed insight 

Muse never far
   She's ever near
   like a twinkling star
   through darkness appears
      quiet She breathes
      from under the eaves
   listen        and hear

Thoughts thimbolic
sprout shambolic
words symbolic
whirl bucolic 

Collaboration
lush inspiration
paddle in pathos
Theory of Chaos 

Fancy flights
through flights of fancy
traces smear clear
IPA's      here here 

Heart informs whole
   rides dawning tide
   Muse touches soul
   nudges and guides
      She cradles fingers
      pen in hand lingers
   poet        inscribes 

Judgments be gone
shoulds don't belong
grandkids grow
old friends go 

Inside the mind
outside the lines
flowers and green
Towers of Dreams

Last edited by ajduclos on Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gyppo

Post by Gyppo » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:09 pm

Nice one, AJ.  We do indeed build towers of dreams.  Sometimes they last and sometimes they collapse in a slithering slide.  If we are resolute or driven enough we follow Rudyard Kipling's guidelines in his poem If,  and we 'stoop to build it up with broken tools'.

I'm not really comfortable yet with a microphone and recording software, it's a long way from the instinctive tapping at a keyboard, but here's another little offering.

We all have our own ideas about an afterlife, or not.  I quite fancy the Norseman's Valhalla, but...

https://soundcloud.com/user-593821894/v ... -3/s-gHSTH