Welcome to The Tangled Branch!  Join us.

TTB Health Policy Update

Discussions, Rants & Resources
Tom

TTB Health Policy Update

Post by Tom » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:31 pm

The Tangled Branch is committed to remaining open through this difficult time as the coronavirus runs it course. The site intends to resolutely pursue its mission of protecting and advancing the poetic cause, as well as celebrating its value in our communal culture and our own personal lives.

To that end we open our arms, without reservation, to those writers heretofore participating at other writing sites which now may be suspended, temporarily closed, or in total collapse or free-fall. If you are a writer or reader of poetry, you will always have a home at The Tangled Branch. We are, and will remain, a safe-harbor and oasis in this tumultuous world. A refuge, haven, sanctuary, and safe house for writers poetic. As as well repository, storehouse, depot, stock room, depot and warehouse for all things thesaurae.

As precautionary measures, users and members of TTB are encouraged to regularly swab down your keyboard and modem with an alcohol solution or commercially available alcohol gel. Whether wiping off spit-up wine, beer, bourbon or similar beverages constitutes an acceptable substitute remains an open question. I understand Colm's experiments are well underway, though no reporting date has been set, to my knowledge.

Additional updates will be made public as they become available.

Colm Roe

Re: TTB Health Policy Update

Post by Colm Roe » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:47 pm

Hi Tom,
I find this extremely offensive! You are actually suggesting our members waste such a valuable and precious resource!!
I for one will continue to consume alcohol (purely for medicinal porpoises) in an attempt to stave off the virus. The added benefit of sending me easier to a good nights sleep cannot be ignored. And unlike the herd, I prefer to count dolphins!
My 'experiments' are ongoing, extensive and selfless. The results will eventually be PUBlished :lol:
Stay safe Tom :)

Tom

Post by Tom » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:33 am

I suppose counting dolphins is more in keeping with the ocean of alcohol which precedes. :D

If I have only offended one person this day, it was still worth getting out of bed. My new mantra.

Cheers Colm.

You stay safe too.

T

indar

Post by indar » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:34 pm

And then I imagine the both of you will practice the recommended tactic of social
dis-stancing otherwise known as falling down

Colm Roe

Post by Colm Roe » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:46 pm

:lol:

Dave

Post by Dave » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:36 am

😁

ajduclos

Post by ajduclos » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:11 am

:D  
 And I think George Thorogood was ahead of the contagion mitigation curve with his song (surprise, eh?) "I Drink Alone" - solves the alcohol purification issue with the added benefit of social "dis-tancing"

I drink alone, yeah,
With nobody else
You know when I drink alone,
I prefer to be by myself  

Colm Roe

Post by Colm Roe » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:34 pm

Aj,
I enjoy a night out with friends, but really enjoy a few beers on my own at night listening to music and writing.
So I won't be affected by the 'terrible state o' chassis'. (O'Casey) :)

ajduclos

Post by ajduclos » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:22 pm

I totally agree, Colm.  I enjoy friends yet I'm totally at peace and comfortable by myself.  Enjoying an IPA at the moment, composing and playing music... and writing a bit, too.  This social distancing is for me a bit of a blessing in disguise.
Enjoy. And be well.
Aj

Tom

Post by Tom » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:06 pm

This post was a bit tongue-in-cheek.

But seriously, if you know poetry critique groups which have fallen because of social distancing requirements and closed public meeting areas -- tell them they have a home here. We can set them up a board exclusively for their own use if they choose. If they want us to have access to post comments as well, that would be an option too.

In any event, we are here to promote poetry, and our [digital] arms are open. :)

Cheers.

T